The McGill, Macdonald Student-run Ecological Gardens (MSEG) is HIRING paid interns for the 2016 season!
Are you interested in…
Gaining hands-on experience in sustainable agriculture?
Spending your entire summer outdoors, rain or shine?
Joining a team of seven, dedicated and lively student farmers passionate about growing good food and sharing it with the McGill community?
We are looking for self-motivated, team-oriented, and independent crew members. Those willing to work for the MSEG project for more than one season will be given preference.
*Three positions are available*
The internship is full-time from May-August, and part-time from September-November 2016.
Candidates will have the following required skills/characteristics:
– ability to work well in teams
– ability to learn quickly and take initiative
– ability to adapt to changing situations
– demonstrated passion for sustainability and local food
The following skills/traits are *not required* but are definitely assets:
– oral fluency in both english and french
– past experience in farming/gardening
– previous involvement in sustainability-related student projects
– knowledge of sustainable food systems initiatives at McGill
– experience with grant writing/funding requests
If this opportunity excites you, we want to hear from you!
Please send your C.V. and cover letter to email@example.com.
In your cover letter, tell us why you would be a good addition to our team, why you are interested in sustainable agriculture and how gaining practical experience in organic farming and farm management will help you achieve your longer-term goals.
**Application Deadline: Monday, November 30**